This has easily been the sickest winter season I have ever seen. I think everyone at work has been out..even those who NEVER take a sick day. Our own house has not been without the sniffles and gunk.
Two days of Luke's fever resulted in a trip to the doctor's office on Tuesday. Double Ear Infections! His second in two months! I'm amazed that since Luke started preschool how often he's gotten sick. The kid was a pillar of health until school. Even spending time in day care with other kids, he never had to go to the doctor, save yearly check ups. I guess I shouldn't have been bragging all those years about his perfect health.
So needless to say the past two days he's been out of sorts...lots of tears, lots of sleeping (which is very unusual for him) and very little eating. Today, due to the fever, his little body was all achy. He held his right arm up (like it was in a sling) all day :(
Alas, poor monkey is on a round of amoxicillan.
Kate, too is in round two of her sniffles. We are back to runny noses and lots of drainage. As quickly as it disappeared, it has returned....along with her going to bed muuuuuuch later than normal. Poor thing can't breathe, so she can't go to sleep easily. So unfortunately, the only way to get her to bed is to let her cry it out in her crib. Tonight was about 40 minutes...I'm not kidding.
So now our night time routine now includes tubbies, medicine, filling up the humidifiers, cleaning noses and praying that everyone will go to bed before midnight!
Goodnight and good health! I could use both right now.
j
That stinks. Is the husband sick, too? I hope not. At least it's supposed to start warming up this week/weekend. Hopefully, that will help and I hope Luke and Kate both feel better soon!
ReplyDelete