Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Caves, Crawls and City Museum...Oh My!

This past year for Christmas, Robb's sister, Bekkie, got the kids gift certificates to City Museum in downtown St. Louis. Greatest gift ever!!!

The last time we went, Luke was just 11 months old...and the last time Robb and I were there was for the World Series party in 2006 (awesome, amazing night!!).

Last weekend was a beautiful Saturday, so we decided to use the certificates. I know...I said it was beautiful outside....why would we take the kids to a "museum"?!

Well, City Museum isn't like anything you've ever seen. They have a HUGE outdoor "playground". It's made of recycled building materials...even a couple small airplanes. Seriously! There is a turret with a lookout, lots of slides and tons of things to crawl up, around, through and down. It's so cool.

The inside, which is an old factory has three floors of even more cool stuff.


After we arrived Luke made a bee line to the first tunnel he saw. And being the good Mom I am..I was crawling right behind him.


The first tunnel dropped us out by a huge tank with fish and turtles...two of Luke's favorite things.

Next we were off to the caves. I don't know how they created these, but you really feel like you are walking around a real cave. The temperature is cool and there are little streams. This was a big hit, too!

Kate, however, was not impressed with all of this...but she looked so darn cute!

The last part of the day we spent making some lovely art pieces. One of the activities was to make Mardi Gras masks. Luke choose the goat.

And I helped Kate make a butterfly mask.

After 3 1/2 hours, we had to call it quits...that and Chimichanga's was calling our names! Good day...looking forward to going back once Kate can walk around. The place isn't the best place for strollers!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to me how much Kate looks like just you in the face!

    ReplyDelete