Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello my name is Jennifer and I'm addicted to Craig's List

Have you ever "shopped" craigslist.com? You should. Need to get rid of an extra washer...sell it for free on Craig's List. Need to find a cute little bookshelf for $10....look on Craig's List. The site is like Goodwill/Salvation Army at it's very junky best! But as my cousin Sarah called it "instant shopping gratification!". I'm all over that.

The site is regionalized, so when you can search for stuff in St. Louis or Cape Girardeau or Denver. It's really great. Listings include everything you could ever think of!

We've been in our house two years this month and have found ourselves still needing a few things to complete our home. Considering we can't/shouldn't go out and buy brand new stuff...and why should we...I see this as my way of being green and recyling other's people's junk...so I started scouring Craig's list for some deals. As I shared earlier, we finally found a china cabninet...the first Craig's purchase.

This is my second little gem...a round, oak dining room table! Taaaadaaa!


Please ignore the dust on the chairs! Yikes. But you get the gist. It's still a little dirty...and I'm more than likely painting it...a creamy white probably.

I'm so excited! Our old table was a hand-me-down from Robb's apartment. It was rickety and didn't fit in our dining room very well. The round table fits much better and it has a leaf for when we have extra guests.

I hope to get on the ball soon and start some painting projects. I'll share the finished projects later.

Goodnight.
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Note to self - I need to take advantage of the site! Great finds. A girl that I work with bought a never been used treadmill for $300 on Craigslist.com. I am in need of night stands and like you would rather reuse and recycle. I just have to find the motivation and time to search. Keep the postings coming so I can be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've used it for tickets tons of times--to buy and sell. Always good. I'm currently looking for a full set of ladies golf clubs. Let me know if you see any!

    ReplyDelete