Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sequence!

Have you ever heard of this great game? It's very addicting. We started playing it years ago with my Grandma Harter. I

It involves a playing board, on which are depicted two decks of cards (minus the Jokers and Jacks) and two standard decks.

The game is played by two players, two teams, three players or three teams. Players are dealt a certain number of cards and then take turns to play these cards, placing a chip of their color on one of the corresponding card images on the board. The object of the game is to form one or two rows of 5 chips (be it horizontally, vertically or diagonally) before the other player or players, team or teams.

It sounds technical...but it's really the easiest and most additive board game we own. It's also a staple during our annual trip to Colorado for Thanksgiving.

When the kiddos came on the scene my Aunt Mary discovered the children's version. This Thanksgiving she taught Luke how to play. The kids version used cards of with pictures of animals. We soon traded in the adult version and played the kid's game so Luke can play with us...and he won most games!

Honestly..not letting him win...because trust me I was trying to win...but that little dude understood the strategy of how to position yourself to win!

The weather has been rainy and cold lately, so we hauled out our game.

Luke quickly went up 1-0.

Here he is getting on his way to win and go up 2-0.

And finally swept me 3-0...as he points to his winning "sequence".

If you have or know kids...buy this game!!! It makes a great gift and it's fun for the parents too!

1 comment:

  1. I've really never heard of this game. I think I need to look into it. Love the second picture, btw!

    ReplyDelete