Sunday, April 12, 2009

Egg-Cellent!

Lame title, but I had to!

So as we started this project I realized...this was the first time Luke had dyed Easter eggs! It was such a different experience than when I was a kid. First of all...it was a lot less smelly and messy. However, the don't have all the cool stuff like when we were kids. Remember the shrink wraps you put around the eggs? And even the wax pen that you used to write your name doesn't work as well!

Alas we went forward and did the best we could...

Uncle Austin helped us with our eggs. See those colored cups. They are great! It has measuring lines so you know exactly how much water and vinegar to fill.

Luke did a great job lifting the eggs out of the dye!

Two down....

Uncle Austin took over the photography so that I could help Luke with the first two eggs. (And for the record...I don't know why he was sweating profusely?)

Waiting for the next few eggs to finish...


Wa-la! We have eggs. And how brilliant is my little man? We had made an extra pink egg, but Luke said, "Let's put it in the blue dye and make a purple egg!". I know....brilliant! So that's what we did.

We had so much fun...I wish we did more eggs! It's times like this that I'm so glad I'm blogging about the family. Dyeing the eggs with Luke was just one of those little memories that I cherish being a Mom!

1 comment:

  1. That's impressive that he knows the color combinations already. What a smart kid you have there!

    ReplyDelete