Earlier in the month we went to our friends Dan and Amy's kids' school trivia night...did you get that! We've gone every year...it's a lot of fun and I love going to a trivia nights that I don't have to manage!
One of the great things about trivia nights....auctions! Tons and tons of great stuff. And all for a good cause.
So while I was off perusing the silent auction items, the first live auction started. I came back to the our table and everyone was laughing. It seemed while I was gone he started bidding on some Cardinal tickets...well he won...no biggie. Problem was, the tickets were for the same night I was already working an auction. That meant Robb was taking both of the kids solo!

It was still a bit chilly....so everyone was bundled up.

This was the kids first game of the season.

They had great seats...just 15 rows from the Cardinals' dugout.

We wrap up the auction the first pitch bottom of the seventh, so I got to join them for a couple innings. Yep...we stayed
thru all 9 innings and the kids didn't make a peep. By the time I joined them, Kate had completely charmed girls a few rows back and Luke had made friends with the couple down the row. In fact, after many foul balls, but none caught by Luke, the couple in their row bought Luke a baseball! My boy's a charmer!
The couple...ya...the coach was a baseball coach. Robb said he wrote down Luke's name...just in case he needs tickets in the future!
So glad we got you out of there in time to enjoy a couple innings with them. It looks like it was well worth it. That last picture of the whole family is great. Luke looks like such a little ball player in his backwards hat too!
ReplyDeleteGreat family picture - definitely frameable!
ReplyDelete